Monday, November 7, 2011

Morappams just turned out fine!

I had unexpected guests today and really wondered what to cook for them. Well I hadn't visited the supermarket for this week's shopping so my refrigerator stayed empty and helpless. I went to check what I had in my refrigerator that would come as a savior and found my other day's idli batter.  I had stored it for making dosas the next morning for breakfast.


The non-stick appam girdle 

So I though I'll just use this batter and come out with something that was quick and tasty. I remembered one fo my South Indian friend's recipe which she usually cooked when ever she was in a hurry! Inspired by her I had bought the special pan that the recipe calls for - Appam Tava (Appam Pan). Though these South Indians (Keralaites) usually cook morappams in the traditional iron girdle which they call as unniappa chatti, nowadays the super markets hold the non-stick girdles which I find very convenient.

So I finally started out to cook the morappams in the non-stick girdle for the first time.  The recipe actually is very easy and takes very little time to cook. The one benefit about cooking this recipe in a non-stick pan is that you can use less oil and still the morappams turn out just fine. It also get less messy and quicker! And my guests actually enjoyed the recipe, few of them including the kids also loved it!


Here's the quick, easy and anytime Morappam Recipe 

No comments:

Post a Comment